YOUR HAIR. YOUR BEAUTY.
Suffering from hair loss?
When your hair becomes worn or begins to break, then it stops looking attractive.
In order to keep your hair looking shiny, long, beautiful and attractive, here are some tips on the things you should and shouldn't try on your hair.
Things you SHOULD NOT try with your hair:
- Don't comb your hair when wet: When you wash your hair, the next thing you do is comb it, but you have to stop that. When you comb your hair while wet, it creates split ends and breaks your hair.
- Avoid using heavy chemicals on your hair: Try as much as you can to be natural.Try using oils on your hair as they contain Vitamins, proteins, needed for the proper growth of the hair.
- Avoid using heated appliances on your hair too often: Too much heat is not good for the hair as it makes the hair thin and weightless, which causes the hair to break.
How to Promote Hair Growth:
- Don't keep dirty hair: Keeping your hair unwashed for a long period of time causes a buildup of dirt, which makes the hair look unattractive and faded. Dirt actually prevents the hair from growing fast and looking clean.
- Allow your hair to breathe: Don't rush up to the salon immediately after you get rid of a particular hair style. Allow your hair to breathe for some time before going to get a new hairstyle.
- Use natural oils: Oils grow your hair faster than you can imagine. Use more oils on your hair as it keeps it moisturized and shiny, prevents breakage, freshens your scalp, thereby creating space for hair growth. Your hair needs to remain moisturized to grow well and fast. Some of good oils are olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil, castor oil, etc.
- Eggs (Protein Treatment): Egg contains some nutrients that can grow the hair (proteins)
Procedure : Break 1 or 2 eggs into a bowl. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and coconut oil into the bowl. Mix them well and add a little water (optional). Then, massage into the scalp and hair. Cover hair with a shower cap for 20 to 30 minutes. Wash hair with lukewarm water. Then, shampoo and condition your hair. This process prevents dandruff, breakage, and helps nourish your hair.
How to Make Natural Coconut Oil at Home
- Split 1 coconut into two halves.
- Scrape the meat (white part) of the coconut from the shell.
- Cut the coconut into small pieces.
- Place into a food processor. Turn the food processor to a medium speed and add a little water to make it blend.
- Filter the milk by squeezing hard to make sure you get every last drop.
- Leave the coconut milk in a container for at least 24 hours. The coconut milk and oil will appear at the top of the container.
- Take out the curd with a spoon and discard it. The pure coconut oil is left. Place coconut oil in an airtight container.
- Boil one cup of water.
- Get a matured coconut and grate the meat (white part) of the coconut.
- Pour a small amount of water into the grated coconut and cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze out the coconut liquid, place a clean soft cloth over a bowl then pour the coconut over the cloth so that the milk drips into the bowl.
- Boil the coconut liquid, stirring it constantly until water has evaporated and the cream has separated from the oil and turned brown. It will take up to an hour to get to this stage so be patient and stir continually.
If you'd rather not boil the mixture, you can allow it to separate on it's own by placing the liquid in a bowl and covering it with plastic wrap. Leave it at room temperature for 24 hours then place it in the refrigerator so the oil solidifies and floats to the top. Then remove the oil from the liquid and place in an airtight container.