The Hard Truth About Rape
Rape is the act of forcing another person to have sexual intercourse with the offender against his or her will. This act is typically perpetrated by a male.
Types Of Rape
- Gang Rape
This occurs when the act of rape is perpetrated by more than one person
- Causes Of Gang Rape
- Dressing (Indecent dressing): As a girl, the way you dress speaks a lot about you. Some girls just want to attract people or get the attention of guys. They want to be one of the happening babes in town. Listen! The fact that you want to look beautiful or cute doesn't necessarily mean you should expose your body. Guys tend to follow you when they see you're always dressing indecently.
There are lots of clothes styles out there that aren’t body exposing and still look beautiful. You even look more cute in them. You don't need to open your body to show that you're beautiful.
You are fearfully and wonderfully made by God. Now, guys! Just because a girl wears clothes that shows her body doesn't necessarily mean you should start putting your hands on her. Parents should teach their sons how to caution themselves. She may be putting on something short, but she didn't customize your name on it..did she?? So, leave your hands off of her body.
- Body Language: A girl that is too saucy, harsh, or verbally abusive can fall victim to rape. When you're too abusive, you easily release fowl languages or may be too forward in your interactions.
Look! Some guys tend to punish you for your words or attitude due in part to their cultural upbringings. You should be careful of the words you speak to people, how you speak them and when you speak them, because 50% of the sentence you make contains your body language, 45% is the tone of your voice (how you say the words) and 5% is the words you say. You can see that only 5% contains the words you say. The rest contains your body language and how you say them. The attitude you put on while talking to people really matters.
- Lack of discipline: Some girls are just too undisciplined. They just walk and move with different guys and still feel comfortable. They feel they can be with any guy they want to be with and rock with just anybody. It doesn't work that way dear. You must be careful of your interactions.
- Marital Rape
When the husband forces the wife to have sexual intercourse.
- Date Rape
This occurs between people that know each other. A person can be raped by either boyfriend, close friend, etc. The fact that you are really close to somebody doesn't guarantee your safety to the extent of not being raped. Don't stay in secret places with opposite sex.
Although your clothes shouldn’t affect how you are treated, the way you dress still matters.
- Incest Rape
This occurs between family members or close relatives. The incest taboo has been and is still one of the most widespread of all cultural taboos. Nowadays, we hear stories of some fathers sleeping with their own daughters, uncles having sexual intercourse with nieces and nephews, brothers and sisters having sexual intercourse and more.
Physical Effects Of Rape
- Urinary Tract Infections: This is a disease that affects the bladder and causes a burning feeling while urinating, cloudy or dark urine.
- Pregnancy: Some rapes result in pregnancy.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD): Some diseases and infections are transmitted during rapes.
- Examples: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV); Genital Warts:This is a soft growth that appears on the genitals. It is caused by Human Papillomavirus (HPV). This skin growth can cause pain, discomfort and itching. Syphilis, gonorrhea and chlamydia can also be transmitted through rape.
Psychological Effects of Rape
- Flashbacks: Memories of the occurrence as if it’s taking place again.
- Sleep Disorders
- Distrust of others
- Feelings of Personal Powerlessness
How To Avoid Rape
- Be in the right place at the right time.
- Be with the right set of people.
- Be disciplined.
- Be sensitive.
- Guide your heart with diligence.