Spicy Chicken Fajitas
Simple to prepare and packed with flavor! Easy to change up too… add more veggies or switch out the chicken for steak or shrimp to make for a new Slaytastic meal.
Cook Time: Appx. 0:30 Prep Time: 0:30 Level: Easy Serves: 4
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. Mrs. Dash table blend or 1 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Canola Oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin or chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (use the sauce only)
- 2 tbsp. lime juice (add moren if desired)
- 8 warm tortillas
- Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped cilantro, sour cream – for serving
1 – In a bowl, season chicken strips with cumin, chili powder, and table blend/salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through; 7 to 10 minutes. Remove to a plate; reserve skillet.
2 – Add pepper, onion, mushrooms (optional), and garlic to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft; 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in chipotle sauce, lime juice, and chicken. Cook, stirring frequently, 10 to 15 minutes until desired carmelization. Season with table blend/salt and pepper.
3 – Serve chicken and vegetables with tortillas and toppings